May 29, 2010

308 The Lovesong Writer


‘What is wrong with
you?. . .Mixing pills
like that. You could
have killed yourself’

[ Ace and Larrie are
walking outside the
hospital. . . ]

LARRIE: That would
be my entire point!
ACE: Yeah, it’s not
a joke fuck the
people who care
about you, I
guess. . .

And you’re lucky
I found you
in time

LARRIE: Well, I
wish
you hadn’t!
ACE: Why? At least
now your working
, . .Things aren’t
as bad as you
make it out to be
LARRIE: And? I still
have to deal with
my Dad’s nagging
bullshit

ACE: I know that. . .
I totally understand

LARRIE: No, you really
don’t

Look, I just want
to get out of here
And I hope you
can keep this
to yourself. . .

ACE: Fine, as long
as you don’t ever
try any dumb shit
like that again


[ A few days later
it’s Morning shift at
The Aisles . ../ Kyle
is walking to break
and someone stops
him . . . ]

‘So, you and Monica?’

AMBER: That’s some
-thing I never
saw coming. . .

[ He gets closer to
her. . . ]

KYLE: Why would you
say that?

[ Talks quieter. . . ]

We’re just friends

AMBER: Oh. . .well
that’s not what I
heard. . .


[ She goes back to
work and Ace comes
out of his office. . . ]

‘She finally find out
you’ve been hooking
up with Monica?’

KYLE: I guess, but
I really haven’t
been. . .
ACE: Your not? I
thought you did
too man
KYLE: I was just
doing a test. . .You
know, like an experi-
ment type of thing

[ He stops and real
-izes that instead
of paying attention
Ace is watching
a girl who just
walked in. . . ]

‘Is that her?’

ACE: Hold that
thought. . .

‘Hey, remember me?’

ACE: Yeah, of course
I do. . .You’re the
bread girl [ smiles ]

ANJELA: Right, my
name’s Anjela
ACE: Nice to meet
you, again
ANJELA: Actually I
was hoping I’d
run into you
ACE: Really, why’s
that?
ANJELA: Well, me
and my sister kinda
have this bet
going about you
ACE: Sisters, huh?
ANJELA: Yeah, we’re
twins. . .

ACE: Oh, alright

ANJELA: So, what
are you doing
after work?
ACE: Nothing yet
ANJELA: Perfect. . .
How about we
take you to a
late lunch date?

ACE: Sounds great

ANJELA: OK, see you
in a few hours

[ She leaves. . . ]


[ Late that afternoon,
Ace walks outside
and sees Anjela
and her sister. . . ]

‘Hey handsome,
Get in. . .’

ACE: Hi, what’s
your name?

‘Karie’

[ She gets out
and he sits in
between as Anjela
drives off. . . ]


[ Downtown they
stop at a park
Anjela stops the
car and they all
start walking. . .]

‘So, this a picnic
for three?’ [ laughs ]

KARIE: No, not
quite. . .

[ She comes up
behind him and he
feels a scarf being
tied around his eyes ]

ACE: I could get
into this. . .

[ Anjela stands in
front of him and
takes his shirt
off. . . ]


[ A few hours later
Jeszyca, Ski, Markis,
and Joh are sitting
in the break room
when Larrie comes
in. . . ]

[ Jeszyca immediate
-ly hugs onto him
and he breaks free
of her. . . ]

‘Why is everyone
acting like there’s
been a fucking
funeral in here?’

MARKIS: Because
there almost was

JOH: Yeah, we heard

[ He and Joh leave,
then Jeszyca does ]


‘There only leaving
because their upset,
You should have
seen them last nite’

LARRIE: Look, I
already had to
hear it from my
cousin. . .
I don’t need
a second dose
from you too

SKI: I know, I
just wanted you
to know that
we’re all here
if you need it

[ Meanwhile Ace is
still blindfolded at
the park and the
twins are feeding
him grapes. . . ]

‘So, have you two
shared men before?’

KARIE: Oh, we’re
not going to be
sharing you
ACE: No? I thought
that was the plan
ANJELA: We want
you to choose. . .
In fact, before we
drop you off. . .
We’ll need an
answer

ACE: Seriously?

[ Karie and Ace
are sitting alone
near the water ]

‘So, what do you
do for work. . .if
I can ask?’

KARIE: I’m a hair-
stylist. . .
ACE: That’s cool
KARIE: Yeah, sorry
about this whole
thing. . .It was
my sister’s idea
ACE: It’s fine, I
don’t mind doing
things out of
the ordinary. . .

[ He laughs and
she smiles back
at him. . . ]

[ A few minutes later
Ace is walking back
looking for Anjela ]

‘Uh, Karie. . .’

[ She walks up
behind him. . . ]

KARIE: What’s up?

ACE: I think your
sister left us




1 comment:

  1. Well I if Im being honest the best thing you could do with this plot is have one of the twins end up dead... I only really liked Karie... but the way it ends if they r alot alike it might be the other one that did is so IDK... I think it would be a good twist to go ahead n kill off one of them n make it a murder mysteryjust a thought... over all it was good....

    ReplyDelete