March 15, 2013

" Too Close "

Amber,Joh,Marisa,Unknown

SCENE 1: Inside TheAisles, Mark’s office.

[ Landyn is leaving out, Amber comes in & sits down. ]

AMBER: You have a cute helper, I have to say. 
MARK: Yeah, he’s something. I’m just hoping he’ll handle
the launch party as well as he has the filming.
AMBER: He should be fine.  I mean, you are an expert at
educating the youth.
MARK: Well, I wouldn’t wanna.  Yes!

[ Mark gets up checking the time. ]

MARK: Shouldn’t you be gone? It’s after 3.
AMBER: Hahn’s running late. He called.
MARK: Really? Not a great way to end your first week.

How about we give him a stern verbal warning as
soon as he gets in?

[ They stare in an awkward silence. ]

MARK: I’m totally joking.  It’s fine.

Anyway, don’t get into too much trouble down
in Maison City.  I need my assistants in one piece.

[ He starts to get his stuff together & Amber stands. ]

AMBER: Don’t worry about that.  I plan on turning
off my phone, ordering fancy room service, and
relaxing in my Jacuzzi with a bottle of wine. 
This is anything but a social retreat.
MARK: Alright.  Guess I’ll see you on Tuesday
 morning then. Bright and early?

   AMBER: Count on it.  


SCENE 2: Cedar Brick Apartments, near MSCC*.

[ Joh is seated by the window drawing.
 Leevigh is busy on the couch when
he hears Weis calling from the steps. ]

“Is anyone alive down there?”

LEEVIGH: Yeah, sorry.  These statistics are
putting me in a comatose zone.
Joh’s been over there all day.

Maybe’s he’s praying.  No idea.

[ Weis shakes his head & walks into the
 next room.  Slowly he sneaks up to Joh. ]

JOH: Dude!  I almost stained the face.
WEIS: Gotta watch your aim.

[ He laughs & Joh starts to walk away. ]

WEIS: Wait.  At least let me see your
mysterious art.   

[ Joh opens the page, revealing a pencil
sketch of a young female. ]

WEIS: Damn, if I knew all it took was a
couple of bible studies with your mom
to get your attention.  I would've applied
myself better. 
JOH: That’s funny, dude.  Anyway, I have
to get going.
I have just enough time to get to my
parent’s and surprise Marisa.


SCENE 3: Maison City, Luxury Suites Hotel. 

[ Amber gets out of the elevator and looks around
for her room.  Dropping her bag, she gets out a card
key trying it in the door but it doesn’t open. ]

“Damn it!”

[ Leaning closer, she hears a door shut and water
turn on.  Not thinking, she knocks hard on the
door three times.


Less than a minute later, a male appears
in the doorway wearing a towel only.   ]

"What are you doing in my room?"

STRANGER: Yours? I just got here.

[ Amber walks passed him and right inside,
sitting at the edge of the bed. ]

AMBER: This is great.  Well you should
call the desk and get another room.
STRANGER: I should? 

[ He walks by Amber checking her out on 
his way to the desk. ]

STRANGER: Since you’ve already
invited yourself in, why not entertain ya?

My name is Dyminic, by the way.

[ He smiles & Amber rolls her eyes, looking bored. ]

AMBER: Yeah, just dial.


SCENE 4: Joh’s parent’s house, his old room.

[ Joh slams the door startling Marisa &
she drops her coat on the floor. ]

“So this is what my room is reduced to,
storage?

[ He laughs & comes toward Marisa as
she falls down to the bed.  Landing on
top of her, Joh immediately removes
his shirt and lets it fly off. ]

MARISA: Whoa, what are you doing?
I don’t want to break any of the rules.

[ Joh laughs again. ]

JOH: Listen, I agree we shouldn’t have
sex.  That would cross the line.
But as for anything else, I’ll make my
own decision. 


[ Before she can argue, Marisa finds herself
lost in his aggression.  Soon their clothes
are gone and Joh begins to move up and
down across her body. 


Minutes later, they are quiet. Joh laying next
to her & staring up at the ceiling. ]


 SCENE 5: Glass Bar, inside Luxury Suites Hotel.

[ Amber is sitting at the table in a short, black
dress when Dyminic approaches with their
drinks. ]

AMBER: If you think offering me a few rounds
is going to get you that room.  You’re dreaming.

But thank you.

[ She smiles & he sits across from her. ]

DYMINIC: Well, can’t blame me for trying. 
So, what kind of girl do you go for?
AMBER: I don’t know.  Fun, positive, someone
with goals. 
What about you?
DYMINIC: I love a sexy, red head. 
AMBER: Because you’re sitting with one, yeah.
Don’t sleep on me.  I’ll spot a put on a mile
away mister.
DYMINIC: Okay, alright. Good thing I like ‘em
quick too.

[ His phones rings & he excuse himself.  Amber
sits back, taking a long sip of her drink.

Meanwhile, Dyminic is talking to someone
inside of the bathroom. ]

“Yeah, yeah…I’m out of town this weekend. 
Be back Monday.  I’ll call ya then.  Bye. 

[ Ending the call, Dyminic quickly exits. ]


 SCENE 6: Joh heads to the bathroom.


“Joh, are you alright?”


JOH: I’m cool. You relax and I’ll
go get you a towel.


[ Shutting the bathroom door, Joh
Immediately turns on the faucet &
slams water on his face.


Although he didn’t exactly plan
on this, he was actually proud
it happened. ]


[ Turning off the light, he walks out
to his old bedroom.  Seeing that
Marisa had now fallen asleep. ]



*Magic Springs Community College

No comments:

Post a Comment