December 30, 2009

101 ANNA-MOLLY PILOT



SKI: Paper or plastic?


CUSTOMER: Paper



[ Ski rolls eyes & starts bagging. ]



MONICA: How are you today?

CUSTOMER: I'm fine…how are you?

MONICA: I'm OK, do you have any coupons?





[ Ski looks & sees Hithe coming from the manager's office and starts to stare.

Hithe notices Kristen at the floral display & goes to her smiling. ]





HITHE: Hey, how are things going over here?

KRISTYN: Fine…Just getting this organized a little

HITHE: That's good, but I think you're killing our flowers

KRISTYN: Yeah? Well back off you might be next.



[ Amber enters the store &  passes by them. ]





MONICA: Someone's excited this morning.

SKI: Who is?  I don't see it.

MONICA: [coughs]  Speaking of.



[ Ski immediately turns his head as Hithe comes over to them. ]



HITHE: Hey Monica…Ski [smiles]



[ Monica smiles back, but Ski doesn't look. ]



HITHE: Ski, will you go get some carts?

SKI: Sure.



[Ski leaves and passes by Mark]



AMBER: Hey Hithe

HITHE: Hi

AMBER: How are you?

HITHE: Just great. . .[walks off]





HITHE: Kristyn you can take a break

KRISTYN: OK



[ She doesn't look at him, but he walks off still looking at her. ]





[ Ski comes back from outside and goes up to Amber .]



SKI: Hey, what's going on?

AMBER: Nothing…this place is so boring

SKI: Yes yes I know,

But what's Hithe's deal? I mean, let us in on the joke.

AMBER: Who knows? But I hope his face gets stuck.



[ Hithe walks by just as they stop laughing and he heads toward the back. ]



MONICA: Damn! [speaks louder] There's other people here besides Kristyn!

SKI: Right, well you know Hithe...he's here to please

MONICA: Oh, is that what he calls it?

SKI: What do you mean?

MONICA: The side conversations, inappropriate glances.

I've seen it all.

SKI: Maybe you're just looking for some drama

. . . It's not exactly a soap opera in here!



[ Ski smirks at her, & walks away/Monica looks surprised. ]





[ In the break room, Kristyn is waiting on the microwave. ]



[walks in] HITHE: Hey!

[turns around] KRISTYN: Wow, you really shouldn't sneak up on people like that

HITHE: Oh really?

KRISTYN: Yeah, this is a microwave…it makes things hot.

Would you like to test it?



[ Walks up in front of the table as she sits. ]



HITHE: No, no thanks.

So, what's this you're eating…spaghetti o's?

KRISTYN: Not hardly

HITHE: Yeah, OK…well it looks good

KRISTYN: I know, my husband made it for me

[leans over her] HITHE: Ah, I see…



[She looks up, catching his glance…]



HITHE: I'll leave you to it then [smiles + exits]





[ Back up front, following Hithe. ]



HITHE: OK, Monica & Ski you can take a break…



[ Walks off  & starts talking to Mark. ]



MONICA: Finally!

SKI: Yeah, I know! [They walk off together]



[ Mark starts walking towards them, then turns around. ]





[ Amber's standing by self-checkout lanes & Hithe walks up. ]





AMBER: So Hithe, what are you doing this weekend?

HITHE: Uh, I don't know yet…

AMBER: Well, we should do something…

HITHE: Yeah, maybe… [walks off again]



SKI: What was that about?

AMBER: He's being so different today…

SKI: Yeah, he's acting really weird

AMBER: Like he's distracted by something

SKI: [thinking]…Or someone



[ Both look & see Kristyn with Hithe not far behind…]



KRISTYN: …what?

HITHE: Nothing, just looking

KRISTYN: Looking at what?

HITHE: The flowers, it's seems they've been revived

KRISTYN: You're so full of it, go away! [smiles]

 [ Hithe picks one & puts it up to his nose. ]



[walks by] MONICA: See, what did I tell you? [to Ski]



AMBER: What?

SKI: Don't ask me! [walks away]



[ Kristyn puts the flower back & Hithe walks off. ]







[ Kristyn's seen leaving, Hithe's walking with her. ]





[sighs] AMBER: Now that she's gone…

[walks up] HITHE: What?

AMBER: Nothing…hey you

[comes over] SKI: Wow! Look who finally decided to grace us

with their presence…

HITHE: Well, you know how it is…

I get busy with all my manager responsibilities

AMBER: [coughs] Bullshit!

[ignores her] HITHE: Anyway, what are we doing this weekend?

AMBER: Oh, now it's we…

HITHE: Come on, you know you two always end up there sometime

SKI: Yeah…[sees Mark comes in]

What's he doing back?



[ Hithe walks over and they start talking. ]



AMBER: He's probably here to check up on us…

You know he doesn't like Hithe

SKI: Yeah, why is that?

AMBER: I don't know, I think…



[ Hithe comes back. ]



SKI: What did he say?

HITHE: Not much, I guess he left something here…

SKI: Oh well I'm going to bring in the rest of the carts

HITHE: OK



[ Ski exits, and Mark returns….says 'bye' and leaves out the other door. ]





AMBER: Do you want me to do anything before I go?

HITHE: He didn't leave with anything…

AMBER: What?

HITHE: Mark didn't…I don't even think he made it to the back

AMBER: Oh, I don't know

HITHE: Yeah, there's something going on

[shrugs shoulders] AMBER: Well bye….call me!



[Outside Ski's pushing carts & sees a car parked on the side of the building. ]



[Ski enters] SKI: Hey, has anyone been here?

HITHE: Nope, not in the last hour…

SKI: There's a car outside and it's not any of ours…Is Mark still here?

HITHE: He left awhile ago

SKI: Wow, wonder who that was then…



 [ Hithe walks over to the window. ]



HITHE: Well they just drove off whoever they are…

SKI: OK? I'm getting out of here…

HITHE: Alright bye.





[ Ski walks out, & drives off just as the other car pulls around from the side of the store. ]





No comments:

Post a Comment