December 31, 2009

213 LUCKY


‘ Ski. . .is that you? ’




[ turns around ] SKI: Mark!

I was starting to think you

were never gonna wake up. . .



[ runs to him ]



MARK: Don’t worrie

I was just taking a little nap [ smiles ]

SKI: Yeah, some nap!

Do you remember what happened?

MARK: Yeah, some

SKI: Well, none of that matters now. . .

I’m just so glad your back

MARK: You’ve been here this

whole time?

SKI: I wanted to be here when u

woke up

MARK: That’s sweet

SKI: I seen your ex wife. . .

Uh, sorie. . .but I called her a bitch

MARK: That’s OK. . .she is!



[ They both laugh ]



MARK: I wonder how things are going

at the store. . .





[ @A break in the line. . . ]



AMBER: Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask

you. . .how was the funeral?

MONICA: Well, you know. . .

Lot’s of black, lot’s of tears. . .

+ lots of people staring at you!

AMBER: Are you serious?

MONICA: Yeah, his familie didn’t

even know he was out of jail

So now, they’re blaming me for this!

AMBER: That’s crazie!

MONICA: I know, but anyways. . .

How is Hithe + Kristyn doin?

I can’t even imagine. . .

AMBER: I don’t know

I can’t get ahold of Hithe

MONICA: Speaking of him. . .[ looks^ ]



[ They both turn around as Hithe

walks slowlie into the store. . . ]



[ surprised ] AMBER: Hey, what are you

doing here?





[ @the hospital. . .Mark’s sitting up in

bed, as Ski enters the room ]



SKI: Good news!

Doctor says your well enough

to leave later today

MARK: Great!

I realie wanna see my kids. . .

SKI: Yeah, I know [ looks down ]

MARK: Ski, what’s wrong?

SKI: Your wife doesn’t want

me seeing them. . .

MARK: Don’t listen to what

she says Ski,. . .they live w-me +

no ones gonna tell me who I

can + cant have in my own house!

SKI: Realie?

MARK: They like you. . .

+ I realie like you + that’s

all that matters [ smiles ]





[ Amber+Monica just stand in silence

as Hithe approaches them. . . ]



HITHE: Hey Amber,

Hey Monica. . .



[ Amber just looks @him ]



HITHE: I do still work here

Don’t I? [ looks around ]

AMBER: Well, yeah. . .

It’s just, uh…

MONICA: We weren’t expecting to

see you today

HITHE: Well, surprise! Here I am. . .



[ Hithe stands there for a second

+ then walks away as Amber

follows him ]



AMBER: Hithe, are you drunk?

[ turns around ] HITHE: What?

No, I’ve onlie have a couple. . . I’m fine!

AMBER: Are you crazie?

You can’t come to work like

this. . . Don’t you think you should be

@home? Or with Kristyn?

HITHE: Look Amber, I’m fine!

So, would you please just get

off my back?

[ looks shocked ] AMBER: Fine





[ Back @the hospital, Ski

is helping Mark up. . . ]



SKI: Be careful. . .

[ gets down ] MARK: It’s too bad

they don’t let you keep this

quite, trendie gown [ smiles ]



[ They both laugh ]



MARK: Thanks Ski [ pauses for a sec ]



+ not just for this, for everything

SKI: You don’t have to thank

me. . .there’s no place I’d

rather be then rite here w-you



[ Ski leans down over Mark +

slowlie there lips meet. . . ]



[ When they break ] MARK: What was

that for?

SKI: I think you should know by now. . .

Let’s go home, Mark

MARK: Home?

SKI: Yeah, my stuff’s alreadie in

the car [ starts walking out ]



MARK: Well, alrite then. . .[ follows him ]





[ Amber turns around + Hithe starts

walking away as Kyle comes up. . . ]



KYLE: Is something wrong?



[ Before Hithe can say anything, Amber

turns around + hurries toward them ]



AMBER: It’s nothing, Kyle!

HITHE: . . .Wait, Kyle? [ gets closer ]

What are you doing here?

AMBER: Uh, Mark hired him

for the Deli. . .

But he’s been helping us out

HITHE: Oh, that’s nice. . .

You know you realie hurt her!

[ looks rite @him ] + you know what?

I told her if you ever came back, I'd. . .

AMBER: Hithe, you’re creating a scene. . .

This is ridiculous!



[ She tries to stand between them,

but it’s too late. . .Ace is coming ]



ACE: What in the hell is going

on out here?

[ sees Hithe ] Oh, hi. . .

AMBER: Everything’s fine. . .

Hithe, I think you should just go



[ Everyone watches as Hithe just stands

there with tears coming down his face ]



[ Mark+Ski are sitting on the couch

in his living room. . . ]





MARK: Ah, home sweet home. . .

Sorie, I wasn’t any help bringing

your stuff inside

SKI: That’s alrite

MARK: I’m just glad you decided

to move in

SKI: Me too. . .

Your boys on the way?

MARK: Yeah

SKI: Well, I’m gonna get going

soon. . .I wanna get to work earlie

MARK: You sure you don’t wanna

stay? [ sticks out his lip ]

SKI: You need time with your kids. . .

But don’t worrie. . . tomorrow will be

all ours [ lays on him ]





[ @Aisle 6’n9 Airynn+Markis are

walking to the break room. . . ]



MARKIS: Where’s you bud?

I didn’t see him waiting outside

with the little one. . .

AIRYNN: I could care less. . .

realie [ smirks ]



Hey weirdo!



[ They pass by Larrie on the way to

the back, but he doesn’t hear them ]



[ Outside Weis finishes a smoke

+ starts walking toward the back,

just as he starts opening the

door someone walks up. . . ]



WEIS: Ski?

SKI: Weis. . .hey!

Uh, thanks for training Larrie

+ everything for me

WEIS: Yeah. . . [ looks away ]

No problem

[ inside the room ] AIRYNN: Oh look!

Ski’s back. . . [ rolls his eyes ]

MARKIS: Hey, what’s up?

AIRYNN: Yeah, so how is Mark

doing?

Or should I say your new boyfriend. . .

SKI: Uh, he’s resting at home

thanks for your concern. . .[ exits ]



[ Markis looks @Airynn+he just shrugs ]



[ Weis follows Ski into the hall. . . ]



WEIS: So, is it true. . .

[ Larrie enters hall ]. . .You+Mark?



[ Ski turns around + looks @him.

about to say something. . . ]



LARRIE: Well, . . .this has got to

be awkward!

No comments:

Post a Comment