December 31, 2009

212 HERO-HEROINE [ 25th EPISODE ]


‘Mornin' beautiful. . .’




[ smiles ] KRISTYN: Yeah right.

[ sits up ] How’s the baby?

HITHE: The baby. . . He’s perfect!

KRISTYN: Good, I’m going to see

him. . . [ gets up ]

HITHE: OK, I’ll be over in a little while.



[ Kristyn leaves, & Hithe’s phone

starts to ring. ]



HITHE: Hello.

AMBER: Hey, how’s the baby?

HITHE: Uh, he’s doing. . . [ looks outside ]

AMBER: Hithe, you there?

HITHE: Yeah, sorry. . .

The doctor told me this morning

he has Respiratory Distress Syndrome.

AMBER: What? Is he gonna be alright?

HITHE: Yeah, he should be fine. . .

They have him on a respirator

right now.

AMBER: Well, that’s good

Does Kristyn know?

HITHE: Not yet, I just found out.

AMBER: Well, you need to tell her. . .

She deserves to know what’s going on.

HITHE: I know, and I will. . .

How’s things at the store?

AMBER: Really busy. . .

But Ace is doing pretty well!

HITHE: That’s good!

Well, I guess I should

go talk to her.

AMBER: OK, call me and let me

know what’s going on this time!

HITHE: I will…bye Amber



[ Hithe walks down to meet Kristyn,

& stands there for a second. . .

watching through the window. ]



HITHE: Hey

KRISTYN: Oh hey. . .he’s sleeping

HITHE: Shh, I’ll be quiet then. . .

KRISTYN: So, when can we take

him home?

HITHE: I’m not sure yet. . .

But Kristyn.

KRISYN: Yeah? [ doesn’t look ]

Look at our son. . .

he looks just like his daddy.

[ smiles ] HITHE: Yeah, that’s what Ski said.

KRISTYN: I’m so happy we decided

to keep him. . .

Seeing him now I don’t know how

I thought I could’ve given him away.

HITHE: Me too. [ looks down ]

[ turns around ] KRISTYN: So, what did

you wanna say?



[ Walks up & puts his arm around her. ]



HITHE: Nothing.





[ In the breakroom, at The Aisles. ]



ACE: Man, I’m fucking exhausted!

[ sits down ] KYLE: Tell me about it. . .

It seems like the lines are never ending

today!

How is Mark?

ACE: He’s looking better. . .

But he still not awake.

KYLE: Well, that’s a good sign

at least.

ACE: Yeah, but it’s been three

days. . .the doctor said he should

of been up by now! [ stands up ]

KYLE: He had some pretty intense

surgery though. . .



[ Kyle stands up & pats Ace on the back

as he turns around. ]



KYLE: Anyways, doctors don’t know

everything. . .

Just keep you head up, OK?



[ Ace nods his head & sits back down

as Kyle leaves. ]





[ Back at the hospital Kristyn is watching

the baby. ]



[ comes up ] HITHE: Hey.

[ turns around ] KRISTYN: Hey, where were

you?

HITHE: I went to go check on Mark.

KRISTYN: How is he?

HITHE: I don’t know. . .

He was suppose to be awake

by now.

KRISTYN: Well, how does he look?

HITHE: The same.



[ Suddenly the baby starts making

noises & they both turn around. ]



KRISTYN: What’s he doing? Is he alright?

HITHE: It sounds like he’s grunting.

KRISTYN: Oh my god.

HITHE: Stay here. . .

I’ll go get the doctor.

KRISTYN: OK, hurry!



[ Hithe comes back with the Doctor. ]



KRISTYN: What’s going on?

DOCTOR: Don’t worry.

The grunting noises you’re hearing

when the baby breaths is a normal

symptom for his condition.

KRISTYN: Condition…what condition? [ looks up ]

DOCTOR: Your baby has Respiratory

Distress Syndrome. . .

Didn’t your husband tell you?

KRISTYN: He’s not my husband.

And no, he didn’t say anything! [ looks at Hithe ]

HITHE: Sorry, I just found out this morning

and I was going to. . .I just didn’t want you

to worry.

KRISTYN: Well, it’s too late now. . .

Is he going to be okay?

DOCTOR: He’s going to be fine. . .

I’m just going to lower the amount of

oxygen for a little while to see if

we can get this calmed down.


I’ll be back to check on him soon.



[ The doctor leaves & they sit there

not saying anything. ]



HITHE: Look, I’m sorry Kristyn. . .

I should have told you right away.



[ Kristyn starts to speak & then

her phone rings. ]



[ sighs ] KRISTYN: It’s my ex. . .

I’ll be right back!



[ Hithe sits down next to the baby. ]



HITHE: Hey, little man. . .

I can’t wait to get you out of here.



I’ve never been a father before,

But I’m gonna give you the best

life I can. . .I promise!



[ Hithe leans down & kisses the baby

on the forehead, then he notices

his lips have turned blue. ]



[ Runs out in the hallway. ]



HITHE: HELP! HELP!

Something’s going on!!!



[ The doctor runs up to him with a nurse &

they all go into the room. ]



DOCTOR: He’s stopped breathing. . .

HITHE: What?



[ Hithe stands there in shock as

they attempt to revive his baby ]





[ 20 minutes later Hithe’s walking down

the hall with his head down & he sees

Kristyn coming toward him. ]



KRISTYN: I hate talking to him.

He’s always asking where I’ve been,

and why haven’t I gotten the kids?



[ Hithe looks up finally & she notices the

tears streaming down his face, and growing

rage in his eyes. ]



KRISTYN: Hithe, what’s wrong?

Where is the baby?

[ looks right at her ] HITHE: Kristyn, I’m sorry

KRISTYN: What happened?

HITHE: He started getting worse. . .and

 the doctor’s did everything they could.


[ Looks down fighting his tears. ]


KRISTYN: No! I was just watching him. . .

This can’t be. . .he was fine!



[ Hithe doesn’t say anything else as

Kristyn stops speaking bursting into

tears. ]



[ At the other end of the hospital

Ski is looking out the window

when he hears a low voice calling

his name. ]



‘ Ski. . .? ‘





[ Late that night,  Kristyn pulls up to her

garage & parks then she gets a text

from Hithe. ]



‘Hey, I wish you would’ve let me

take you home. . .I don’t want

you to deal with this alone.


Call me if you need anything,

Love Hithe’



[ Putting the phone away she notices

her ex husband pull up behind her,

she quicklie wipes her tears &

gets out. ]



KRISTYNsEX: Here’s your kids,

remember them?

[ sighs ] KRISTYN: Yes, of course I do. . .

You two go inside, OK?



[ She stands there as her EX turns to go. ]



[ looking at her ] KRISTYNsEX: I can tell

something’s wrong. . .

[ smirks ] So, what is it?

Did Hithe break up with you or something?

KRISTYN: No, that’s not it. . .

Just leave please!



[ He shakes his head, gets into the car &

drives off leaving Kristyn sitting on

the steps crying. . .]



[ At Hithe’s apartment. . .he goes inside,

throws his stuff on the table, & immediately

gets out a bottle/ Opening it, he takes a

long drink. Slamming it down. ]



(                Edited 0616               )




No comments:

Post a Comment