December 30, 2009

106 SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE


[ Ski rolls over in bed, dials Hithe & gets vm/


Closes eyes & then his cell rings. ]



SKI: Hello, who is this?

MARK: Hey Skilyr, it’s Mark…from work

I hope I didn’t wake you

SKI: No, it’s OK

MARK: Good, how are you?

SKI: I’m fine, you?

MARK: Same here

SKI: …OK, is there a problem?

MARK: Oh sorry…Actually yeah,

our Dairy/Frozen manager quit today

SKI: Oh, that's too bad

MARK: Yeah, so I was wondering if maybe

You could come in and supervise the night shift…

SKI: Why me?

MARK: Well, you’re one of our harder workers

and I figured since you’ve stocked back there before

SKI: I see… 

MARK: Yeah, all you have to do is make sure

all the sales are ready for next week…

SKI: OK, that’s fine…doesn’t look like

I’ll have anything else to do [sighs]

MARK: Great! Thanks so much Ski…and

the night guys we’ll be there if you have any questions.

See ya later! [hangs up & Ski throws Hithe’s shirt he was laying on]





[ Ski enters store, no ones around/starts walking toward back. ]



MONICA: Ski! Hey, what are you doing here?

SKI: Mark called me…wanted me to fill in for the

F/D manager

MONICA: Oh really?

SKI: Yeah…

MONICA: Well, that was some party last night…

SKI: I know! Too bad it ended in complete disaster

MONICA: What happened? You disappeared and never came back

SKI: Just me and Hithe went for a walk…

And then I guess you could say we got into it

MONICA: Oh, what about?

[doesn’t hear her] SKI: Yeah, well I gotta go…

MONICA: Uh, OK. Have fun!



[ Ski continues walking, enters break room where Joh & Airynn

are talking/Weis is quietly observing. ]



[ Airynn throws a pen at Joh. ]



JOH: Dude, what?

AIRYNN: You know fucking what….

I set you up with that chick last night and you didn’t

even tell me how it went

[smirks] JOH: Oh that, well you know…

AIRYNN: Come on, did you get some or not?

JOH: I spent the whole night, what do you think?

AIRYNN: Hell yeah! See I told you she would give it up…

You just need to know how to handle that

JOH: Yeah, I know!

AIRYNN: Right guys???

[Weis rolls eyes] SKI: Yeah, I guess…

JOH: Why you asking him? [points at Weis]

He wouldn’t know anything about it! [laughs]

AIRYNN: Right.





[ Everyone leaves/Ski enters walk-in fridge, carts box out… ]



[ Starts putting up yogurt flavors ]



[comes up behind] WEIS: It’s Ski, right?

[turns around] SKI: Yeah, how’d you know?

WEIS: Mark told me

SKI: . . .Oh

WEIS: Yeah [looks down]



JOH: Hey, are you coming…or what?



[ Weis leaves, & Ski goes back to work. ]



JOH: What were you doing?

WEIS: Just saying ’Hi’…

JOH: That’s really sweet

Yeah, you see these boxes here…

They’re not gonna stock themselves

AIRYNN: Get to work!



[Airynn & Joh on ladders opposite aisle w/ Weis underneath]


AIRYNN: You stay down there…

JOH: And hand us boxes when we ask for them, OK?

WEIS: Yeah, I got it?





AIRYNN: OK, you could go a little faster!

JOH: Yeah, and don’t forget to put the empty ones in that bin…

[coughs] bitch!

WEIS: What?

JOH: Nothing

AIRYNN: So anyway, about this girl…

Is she like your girlfriend now?

JOH: Hell no, I don't wanna be tied down

But she can still suck on my…

AIRYNN: OK, I get the picture

[leans back] JOH: Yeah, alright

AIRYNN: So, when you gonna see her again?

JOH: I don’t know…maybe I’ll call a different one next time.

I got so many hos now, you know?

AIRYNN: …In different area codes? [laughs]

JOH: Something like that!



[ Airynn drops a box & hits Weis on the head. ]



[coughs] AIRYNN: Sorry dude!

I think it’s time to take a break

JOH: Yeah, let’s go!



[ Weis starts to leave… ]



AIRYNN: Not you! You still have boxes to get….



[ Weis sighs, & picks them up. ]



[ Back to the Diary department. ]



[thinking] SKI: Hmm, I wonder why Mark was telling

him about me..

WEIS: Hey, Ski!



[ Ski’s startled. ]



WEIS: Wanna take a break?



[ Airynn, Joh, Ski & Weis in break room. ]



SKI: So, how long have you guys worked here?

AIRYNN: Over a year…

JOH: Same

SKI: Yeah, me too…Weis?

AIRYNN: He just started last week

JOH: Yeah, and he don’t say much

SKI: Oh [Looks at Weis, who looks down]



AIRYNN: I can’t believe it’s only two

JOH: Yeah, I know…five more freaking hours!

AIRYNN: What do you wanna do?

JOH: I have no idea

AIRYNN: …Let’s go hang out in Mark’s office

SKI: What?

JOH: Yeah, how are we gonna get in there?

AIRYNN: I know where a key is

JOH: How did you find out?

AIRYNN: Just come on.

Are you guys coming?

SKI: …Sure



[ They all leave, Weis is last out. ]



[ Airynn opens door & all go in, he sits at desk & Joh sits in front of desk

w/ Ski standing & Weis on the floor. ]



SKI: Is this his office or an arcade?

AIRYNN: You’ve never been in here?

SKI: Nope

JOH: Mark let’s us chill in here all the time…

AIRYNN: He has cable, DVD player, even a Wii in here…

SKI: What’s that?

AIRYNN: It’s a security system…

He can see anywhere in the store

JOH: Yeah

AIRYNN: Why don’t you and Weis go out there

and we’ll try and find you…

JOH: Uh, OK…

Get up, dude.



[ Airynn whispers something to Joh before they exit. ]



AIRYNN: OK, let’s see where they went…



[ Moves cam until he finds Joh & Weis facing him. ]



[on speaker] AIRYNN: Alright, I see you guys…

You can come back now



[ Weis goes to walk back and Joh signals the cam/

Then squats down and pulls Weis’ pants to the ground

making him trip and fall. ]



[laughs] AIRYNN: Just a little initiation!

Good job! …You can come back!



JOH: Sorry man, that was just too easy…



[ Joh comes back & Weis follows him. ]



AIRYNN: That was classic

SKI: Uh no, that wasn’t cool!

[ignoring him] JOH: Now what?

Shouldn’t we be getting back to work ….

AIRYNN: Yeah, in a little while…

Wait! Who was that?

JOH: Where?

AIRYNN: Someone’s walking through the back,

But I can’t tell who it is…

SKI: Who would be here in the middle of the night?

AIRYNN: I don’t know

JOH: Should we call 911?



[ Key starts turning in the door…/Door swing open & someone enters]



MARK: What the hell are you guys doing in here?

AIRYNN: Uh, we were just…

I was just showing Ski the…

MARK: This isn’t show and tell

JOH: Don’t look at me!

He found the other key…



[starts laughing] MARK: I’m just fucking with you…

What’s up?

AIRYNN: Oh

JOH: Yeah, I know!

MARK: Anyways, you three are dismissed!

Go back to work…

[ Airynn, Joh, & Weis leave/Mark shuts the door. ]



[ Looks at Ski hands him a 20oz out of his jacket. ]



MARK: Here, Seven Up natural…right?

SKI: Uh, how did you know. . .

MARK: You drink them everyday in the break room

SKI: Ok, this is bordering now on psycho stalker!

What are you really doing here?

[goes to sit, lays back & smiles] MARK: Hey, I’m not trying to stalk you!

I’m just wanted to make sure everything was going OK….

Sit down, let’s talk!

SKI: OK?

MARK: What do you think of the boys?

SKI: Weis is shy, quiet…the other two are

immature assholes! Why?

MARK: Yeah, I know…

SKI: All they do is go on and on about

all their girls and sex. I could throw up if I hear anymore

MARK: Yeah right.

I’ve seem them two kiss.

SKI: What?

MARK: You’ll be surprised what they’ll do

with the right amount of alcohol

SKI: How would you know?

Wait, you let them drink here!

MARK: Once or twice, yeah…Look Ski, I’ve been doing this same

job for the past ten years now and I’ve realized you’ll enjoy

things a lot more if you just relax and have a little fun…

SKI: Yeah, I guess…but

MARK: As long as the job gets done then what’s the problem

SKI: OK, but what’s really going on?

Sometimes it seems like you follow me around…

MARK: Well, what do you think of me…

as a person?

SKI: You’re pretty nice, I guess…

Why?

MARK: I think the same about you…

So friends, OK? [holds out hand]

SKI: Yeah, I guess so… [shakes hand]



[ Goes to Weis outside the door & walking off. ]





NEXT TIME: THE AFTERMATH OF THE PARTY…



(          Edited 0516         )


No comments:

Post a Comment