December 30, 2009

104 & 105 . . .DONT WANNA STOP!

[ At Hithe’s apartment/Amber, Ski, & Hithe decorating…]


HITHE: Two more hours…can anyone stand this excitement?
AMBER: Wow! I would say you need to get out more,
But you’re still not actually going anywhere. [smirks at him]
SKI: Well, I definitely can’t wait to get my drink on…
AMBER: …And your two step? [laughs]
SKI: Something like that…

HITHE: OK…tables set, cakes here, music…
Wait! Where’s the DJ I hired?
SKI: I don’t know…call him! [Hands him the phone]
AMBER: Well boys I’m going to go get ready…
I’ll be back!

SKI: OK

[ Amber leaves, Ski sits on couch & Hithe comes over. ]

HITHE: No answer…what am I gonna do?

I can’t have a party without any music!
SKI: Chill out! I’ll wait here by the phone you go get ready…
HITHE: Alright, OK…I’ll go shower
SKI: Good! It’ll help you relax…


[ Ski sits back down, gets up & walks upstairs…
Hears water running, knocks on door. No answer…comes in. ]

SKI: Hey Hithe, I’m just getting dressed…OK?

[Calls from the bathroom] HITHE: Yeah, that’s fine…


[ Ski puts bag on the bed, slowly lays out clothes…
changes his pants & removes shirt, Hithe comes out in a towel. ]

HITHE: Nice pants!
SKI: Really? I cut the design in them myself [looks up at him]
HITHE: Yeah, you should’ve done mine…
SKI: Oh well, what are you wearing?

HITHE: Just these khakis and a button down
SKI: Oh no…what else do you have?

[ Ski looks through his closet. ]

SKI: Put on this shirt, with these jeans… [lays out on bed]
HITHE: OK, if you say so
SKI: I do! Now hurry up people will be here soon

[ Turns around, starts to leave…Grabs his shirt. ]

HITHE: Wait!

[ Ski turns around & sees Hithe standing in his underwear. ]

HITHE: What about the DJ?
SKI: Don’t worry! I know the music…
I’ll do it
HITHE: You sure?
SKI: Yeah, now get dressed!

[ Puts on shirt, looks down & adjust his pants before walking downstairs. ]


[ Downstairs, music playing & doorbell rings. ]

SKI: Who is it?
AMBER: It’s me, I’m back!
[opens door] SKI: Wow! You look hot girl!
AMBER: I know [smiles], nice pants…
So, where’s our star?

[comes downstairs] HITHE: Right here!
AMBER: You’re looking good, Mr.!
SKI: I know, right?
HITHE: Thanks, so do you….
SKI: OK, so we have to do a shot before everyone gets here

[ Pours out three & hands them out. ]

HITHE: I’m ready! Let’s go!
SKI: Hold it, alchie! [clears throat]
This is to Hithe, our friendship, and having the party of the year!

[ All down the shot. ]

AMBER: Happy birthday, baby!


[ Doorbell rings, Ski goes behind table & Amber gets the door/
Music starts again as people are crowding in. ]

HITHE: Hey everyone!
There’s food and drink in the kitchen… [drowns off in the music]

[Amber comes over to Ski] AMBER: Here you go, Ski! [hands him a drink]
SKI: Thanks [takes a sip]
I see you looking…
AMBER: What?
SKI: Never mind, just save me a dance!


[ Amber sees Hithe sitting down talking, she sits near him. ]

[laughing] HITHE: I know! Isn’t that a good line? [sips a drink]
GIRL1: Yeah, it’s hilarious
HITHE: Well thanks…it’s my personal favorite
GIRL1: I like your shirt, it fits you just right
HITHE: I’m not gonna lie…I had a little help
And look all gone, [holds up cup] be right back…
GIRL1: Yeah, I’ll take another…
HITHE: OK, coming right up


[ Hithe exits, enters kitchen pours drink & looks at watch. ]


[comes up] AMBER: Hey you!
[jumps] HITHE: Oh hey, you scared me…
AMBER: Having fun?
HITHE: So far, are you?
AMBER: Hithe, I need to tell you something…
HITHE: OK, what?

[calling] GIRL1: Where’s my drink?
HITHE: Sorry, gotta go…
Well talk later, OK?
AMBER: Yeah…

[ Hithe gets dragged out by Gurl1. ]


GIRL1: So, what’s in this?
[downing his drink] HITHE: Huh? Oh, it’s a surprise
GIRL1: Oh, like I’ll find out tomorrow morning…
HITHE: Yeah, something like that [laughs]
GURL1: Oh well, let’s dance… [grabs his arm]
[finishes drink] HITHE: OK, I’m ready!


[ Hithe & Gurl1 move through & start dancing/
Amber starts watching them, & then Ski. ]


[comes up to table] MONICA: Hey Ski!
SKI: Hey, I didn’t think you were coming…
MONICA: Yeah, me either…

[ Sees Hithe dancing around. ]

Wow, someone’s feeling good already
SKI: I know!
MONICA: I need some of what he was drinking…
I’ll be back…
SKI: OK, bring me one…



[walks up] AMBER: Hey
SKI: This is so fun, right?
AMBER: Yeah, I guess…
SKI: Look, I can tell you want Hithe
AMBER: What?
SKI: You heard me…if you really want him
Then why are you just standing around? ...Make a move!

[ Amber smiles & walks her way towards Hithe/Ski sighs. ]

MONICA: Here Ski, mmm…[takes a sip]
SKI: Watch this!
MONICA: What? [sees Amber]
Oh, I see…

[ Amber takes Hithe’s cup & starts dancing on him. ]

MONICA: Oh no, she didn’t!
SKI: Oh yes, she finally did!
[laughs] MONICA: This is my song! Wanna dance, Ski?
SKI: Me? Uh, sure!

[ Ski & Monica disappear into the crowd. ]


[ The song finishes & a slow song starts. ]

AMBER: Listen Hithe, about what I was going to tell you…
HITHE: Yeah?
AMBER: Well, we’ve known each other for a little while now
HITHE: For a few months…
AMBER: And we’re getting really close…
HITHE: I know, I feel like I know you more than anyone
Like a friend I’ve known for years
AMBER: Yeah, but when I’m with you…
I feel something, something more than just that
HITHE: Are you saying that. . . [Pauses for a second]

[ Amber moves close & kisses him, Hithe’s slowly backs up
as Amber walks away. ]

MONICA: What was that about?
SKI: I don’t know, but I need another drink
MONICA: Yea, me too...
SKI: OK, hold on…

[ Ski follows Hithe into the kitchen. ]

SKI: Hey, what’s up?
HITHE: I’m not sure… that came out of nowhere
[hands him a drink] SKI: Well, drink this…it’ll help!
HITHE: Yeah [takes a sip]
SKI: Wow, so many people showed up
HITHE: Yeah, not everyone though…
See ya [exits]

[calls Hithe] SKI: Hey! You should go talk to Amber

[ Ski sees Hithe go to the back. ]


[Goes back to table] SKI: Here’s your drink
MONICA: Why thank you Sir, is everything OK?
SKI: Oh yeah...they’ll be fine
They just need to talk, have a few more drinks &
then get out all that sexual tension
MONICA: What?
SKI: Nothing, [sighs]…
Let’s go back to dancing

[ Ski & Monica dance, goes back to Hithe about to knock on bathroom door/
& hears a knock at the back door]

HITHE: Hey!  I didn’t expect you…


[ Amber comes out of bathroom, goes to kitchen/Starts getting cake ready. ]

DRUNKGUY1: Hey beautiful

[turns around] AMBER: Uh, do I know you?
DRUNKGUY1: I’m sorry, I just noticed you
and wanted to say ’Hi’…
[doesn’t look] AMBER: Hi
DRUNKGUY1: Hey, it doesn’t look like you’re have a good time
AMBER: Well, you’re very observant Mr.?
DRUNKGUY1: Kyle
AMBER: OK, take this shot with me, Mr. Kyle
DRUNKGUY1: Sounds like a good idea [takes shot]
Ahh, honestly I can’t even remember how many of these
I’ve had
AMBER: …And who really cares?
DRUNKGUY1: Exacetly


[ Ski upstairs, knocks on Hithe’s door. ]

SKI: Hey Hithe! Aren’t we gonna have some cake
while it’s still your birthday?
HITHE: Uh, I’ll be down in a minute!


[ Amber brings out lit cake, Hithe’s still not down. ]

AMBER: OK?...Where’s Hithe?
SKI: Man, you came down quick!
AMBER: What?
SKI: Nothing, he’s coming…

[ Hithe comes down, stands at bottom of steps &
’Happy Birthday’ singing starts/ He blows out the candle and goes outside]

[follows him] SKI: OK bitch, I paid for that cake.
So, I know…you’re about to go eat some.

[ Hithe doesn’t answer him, just looks down. ]

SKI: I was just kidding…What’s wrong with you?
HITHE: I just messed everything up
SKI: How? What are you talking about?
HITHE: Well, I really do like her…it’s just
I didn’t mean for it to happen like this
SKI: For what to happen?

HITHE: We had sex, Ski…just now.
And I’m not sure if she’s ever gonna talk to me
[looks down] SKI: Oh
HITHE: Yeah, this is fucked!


[ Finishes drink, throws cup & gets up walking. ]

SKI: Come on, I’m sure it’s not that bad…

Where are you even going?
HITHE: I don’t know! [starts to walk faster]

SKI: Damn I am way too drunk
for this!


(           P a r t     2             )


[ Hithe sits down on sidewalk, Ski catches up to him. ]

[sits down] SKI: Hey, I’m sure it’ll be OK…
I mean, it takes two to tango, right?
HITHE: Yeah, I guess
SKI: Then it’s fine…it’s not like she’ll blame you
I say it was about time
HITHE: I’ll find out tomorrow
SKI: Right, so until then let’s finish this bottle

[ Takes a sip & then passes it to Hithe. ]

HITHE: OK

[ Hithe & Ski continue walking down the street. ]


[Back at the party] KYLE: Nice cake
AMBER: Yeah, I’ll take some of that

[ Grabs a piece, smashes it on his nose. ]

[laughs] KYLE: I think…
AMBER: What? Spit it out
KYLE: Well, I think…you should get that for me
AMBER: Oh, and how would I do that?
KYLE: I think you could figure it out…

[ Amber shakes her head. ]

KYLE: Come on!
AMBER: OK, close your eyes

[ Leans in, & licks off his nose. ]

KYLE: That was nice, how about this

[ Kisses her, then pulls back a little. ]


[ Ski follows Hithe, as he stumbles around the street. ]


HITHE: Man, oh man!
SKI: What, what?
HITHE: I…um…can hardly walk

SKI: Naw, really? I think it’s time to put this down

[ Grabs for the bottle. ]

[holds out of reach] HITHE: Nope

[ Takes last sip & throws bottle. ]

Now it’s time…

SKI: Uh, do you even know where we are?
HITHE: In the middle of the street???
Wait! Are we lost?
SKI: Nevermind, we’ll figure it out when it’s time to go back
HITHE: Yeah, let’s keep walking…

Is it hot in here or is it just me?

[ Starts to unbutton, then let’s his shirt drop to the ground. ]

SKI: Whoa, what are you doing?
HITHE: Nothing, just…uh, getting a little more comfortable
SKI: We’re outside!
HITHE: So, who cares? Why don’t you join me?

[ Starts to unzip his pants, then stops ]

SKI: No, I’m good!

[ Smiles, but Hithe doesn’t see. ]

HITHE: Let’s go skipping through the park

[laughs] SKI: Uh, let’s not!
HITHE: Why not?

SKI: I’ve never seen you like this before

HITHE: Huh? I’ll race you… [takes off]


[ Back at Hithe’s place.]

AMBER: Where the fuck are those two?

This place is a mess and I don’t even live here!
KYLE: Don’t worry about it then…
Let’s just still here and talk

AMBER: OK…about what?
KYLE: Whatever you want

[ Amber smiles…]


[ Ski runs up to Hithe on swing…]

HITHE: Come on, Ski!
SKI: No, no…I’m so not getting up there
HITHE: Oh well, you suck!
SKI: Be careful! You’re gonna go over and I’ll be laughing at
at you
HITHE: What? You've never done that
SKI: No, but I use to jump off…that was fun
But I wouldn’t advise you to try and do that now

HITHE: I’m so high! Catch me… [Pretends to jump off}
SKI: Yeah, you’re something!
[slows down] HITHE: Oh man, my stomach!
SKI: See, what did I tell you?

[ Hithe’s stopped, laying to one side. ]

HITHE: What?
SKI: The way you were leaning on the railing you look
Nevermind, just stay like that for a sec

[ Points his camara phone at him. ]

HITHE: How this?

[ Ski takes a few more as Hithe poses. ]

SKI: OK Tyson, that’s enough! [Lays on grass]

[Lays next to him] HITHE: Do you think I’m stupid?
SKI: What? No, not at all! Where’d that come from?
HITHE: Seriously? You really think I’ll be OK?
SKI: I know it…
HITHE: How?
SKI: You really have no clue?
HITHE: About what? What are you saying?
SKI: I’m saying you’re a good person...
And a lot of people care about you

HITHE; Really? I don’t know…

SKI: I do, cuz I’m one of them!
HITHE: Thanks, let’s take a picture…

[ Puts his arm around him & Ski takes pic.]

SKI: Here [ Hands him phone & gets up]

HITHE: Come on! I know you can smile
Ski. . .what's up?

[ Ski walks off a little ways. ]

[ Back at  Hithe’s apartment. ]


[coughs] AMBER: Uh, thanks for helping clean up…
You didn’t have to
KYLE: No problem!
And it was well worth it getting to hang with you
AMBER: You’re very sweet, walk me to my car?
KYLE: Of course…

[ They walk outside. ]

AMBER: So…
[smiles] KYLE: So???
AMBER: I just wanna say thanks again…
KYLE: For what?
AMBER: Well, I wasn’t having a very good time
before you came around
KYLE: I know, I saw what happened…
AMBER: Oh [looks down]
KYLE: You’re way too beautiful to have to chase after some guy
AMBER: You think so?
KYLE: Yeah, I do…

[ Amber leans in, kisses him & sits back/
Kyle grabs her waist & puts her up on the car
and they start wildly making out…]

KYLE: Is this alright?
AMBER: Yeah, it’s fine…
KYLE: Are you sure?
AMBER: Just shut up & kiss me.

[ Ski’s back toward him, Hithe pulls him around. ]

HITHE: Hey, let’s take it again…OK?
SKI: No!
HITHE: Why not?
SKI: Not in a picture taking mood anymore
HITHE: OK

SKI: But there’s something I need to tell you…
I can’t get it off my mind
HITHE: Alrite, I’m listening…
SKI: It’s just that… [stops]
Look, Hithe I have different feelings for you
then just being your friend…
[sits up] HITHE: Stop.
[looks down] SKI: I… [Looks right at him]

I’m falling in love with you

[ Hithe just stares back, Ski leans and quickly brushes his lips]

[pulls back] HITHE: What the fuck are you doing?
SKI: I’m sorry!
I know what you must be thinking,
But this is something I’ve know for awhile.
I love you,  & I had to get this out

HITHE: But I’m not…Why would you?

Get the hell away from me!


[ Hithe steps back looking at Ski, turns around, and quickly walks away.

Leaving him sitting on the ground, Ski notices Hithe’s shirt next to him]



(          Edited 0516          )



No comments:

Post a Comment