December 30, 2009

103 PARALYZER


[ Mark's up front, walking by c/o lanes. ]

MARK: Hey, how’s it going up here?

MONICA: Fine

DINA: OK

MARK: That’s great…keeping busy?

MONICA: Nope, not really

DINA: Yeah, it’s been really slow today

How are you adjusting to the store change?

[Ski walks in] MARK: Its. . .



[ Monica & Dina look at each other. ]



[clears throat] MARK: It’s a change, but I’m positive

it will turn out to be for the better…

See you later!



DINA: Wow

MONICA: My thoughts exactly…

DINA: You see how he was looking at Ski?

MONICA: Yeah

DINA: You don’t think?  No, it can’t be

MONICA: What you thinking?

DINA: I mean, he has kids & everything

MONICA: I know, but nowadays who knows…

DINA: I guess [shrugs her shoulders]



[ Follows Mark, who passes Ski & Amber. ]





[ Ski's bagging for self-checks, Amber's with him. ]



SKI: Well, isn’t it another nice day in our good old store?

AMBER: More like another boring one…

But at least she isn’t here

SKI: Who?

Oh, I know who you mean…why?

AMBER: I just get tired of seeing them together all the time…

Don’t you?

[sees Hithe] SKI: Yeah…

AMBER: Anyway, what do you think of Hithe’s new hairdo?

SKI: Uh, more like a hair-don’t…

[laughs] AMBER: Hey, I think it’s cute…

SKI: I just mean cuz he doesn’t have any

But actually I like it…it’s looks hot on him!

AMBER: OK? He’s getting prepared for his big party, you know?

SKI: Yeah, speaking of that! Who you gonna bring?

AMBER: I don’t know…I might just show up & mingle with the crowd

SKI: [smiles] …Sounds like a plan…I’ll be back



[ Ski walks by Hithe & Mark talking…]



MARK: Yeah, so I see your party tomorrow nite seems to have

a lot of my staff requesting time off

HITHE: Yup, it’s going to be quite the affair…[ smirks at him]

MARK: Is that so? Well, I’m just here to inform you that

people are starting to talk about things that may or may not be

going on around here. So keep that in mind and know

that I see everything! [moves closer]



[ Hithe walks off, so does Mark & enters bathroom. ]



[Turns around] SKI: Uh, hey Mark…

MARK: Oh…Hi Skilyr, how are you today?

SKI: Just fine [Dries hands & exits]

MARK: See you later





[ Ski hurries back up front, & bumps into Hithe. ]



SKI: Sorry Hithe… [looks down]

HITHE: No problem, is something wrong?

SKI: No, I’m fine…

HITHE: OK? [sees Mark walk in the other direction]



AMBER: What’s with the rush? Is something going on?

SKI: I don’t know. I was just in the bathroom and I turn around

and there was Mark right behind me.

AMBER: What?

SKI: Yeah and he had this weird look on his face

AMBER: Damn, if I were you…

I’d be really careful around him

SKI: Hey, look who it is…



[ Kristyn enters with her husband & two kids. ]



AMBER: I’ll give him five minutes!





[ Mark in office, Hithe knocks on door. ]



MARK: Oh hey [Looks away from papers on his desk]

HITHE: Yeah, I was just letting you know…

[sees Ski’s name on a paper] What’s this?

MARK: Nothing, I’m just looking through everyone’s file

to help me get to know them faster

HITHE: Oh, OK…well, were getting real busy up front

so I gotta get going



[ Hithe leaves, sees Kristyn & family pass by. ]





AMBER: I wonder what happened to her husband…

SKI: Huh?

AMBER: Didn’t you see him?

He was limping all around…

SKI: Oh, I didn’t notice…

[watching Hithe walk towards them]



HITHE: Hey!

SKI: Hey, where you been?

HITHE: In the back…

AMBER: Mark’s office?

HITHE: Yeah, he was looking at your file [looks at Ski]

SKI: Mine?...For what?

HITHE: He said he was going through all of them…

SKI: Oh, OK

AMBER: Yeah, all of them my ass!

[sees Kristyn alone] HITHE: I’ll be right back

AMBER: I was wrong…it took fifteen [Ski laughs]





[ Hithe walks up to Kristyn. ]



HITHE: Hey you…I forgot to give you this

KRISTYN: Uh hi….what is it?

HITHE: Just an invitation to the biggest party of the year…

KRISTYN: Is that right?

HITHE: Yeah, my big 3-0!

KRISTYN: OK, well have fun! [starts walking off]

HITHE: Come on, you know you wanna go

KRISTYN: I haven’t done anything like that in years

HITHE: So, ever heard of a babysitter?

KRISTYN:…And my husband?

HITHE: Bring him. [Mark is seen walking by]




[calls from away] KRISTYN’S HUSBAND: Did you want OJ?

KRISTYN: [sighs] I gotta go…I’ll talk to you later



[ Hithe walks off & passes Mark whose watching. ]





HITHE: Here you go guys [hands them invites]

AMBER: What’s this?

SKI: Aw, it’s Hithe’s super sweet sixteen!

AMBER: You really went all out, didn’t you?

HITHE: Yeah, just hope everyone shows…

[Looks off at Kristyn, then walks off]

SKI: See that?

AMBER: Yeah, he sure isn’t trying to hide it… [sighs]





SKI: Hey Monica, are you gonna come?

MONICA: I don’t know....

I mean, I’m a sister….Can ya’ll hang with me?

SKI: Hello? I’ll be there…What do I look like?

MONICA: Yeah, like I said [laughs]

SKI: Ha-ha, well you should…

Cause I can already tell where her attentions gonna be at…

[Looks down at Amber…]



AMBER: Huh?

[smiles] SKI: Nothing…



MONICA: Speaking of focusing attention, look! [sees Mark]

SKI: Uh yeah, I’m gonna go get some carts [starts walking…]



MARK: Hi Ski…

SKI: Hey [keeps walking]



MARK: Hey everyone, how’s it going?

AMBER: Fine

MONICA: Just great! How are you?

MARK: I’m doing good

MONICA: Yeah, so earlier when we weren’t busy

I went through and cleaned off all the lanes

MARK: Oh, OK…thanks so much!

MONICA: Yeah, you’re welcome [fake smiles]

MARK: Well, see you later! [Monica shakes head]





[ Ski comes in from outside, Marks comes over. ]



MARK: Hey Skilyr, sorry about earlier…

Honestly I just had to go [smiles a little]

SKI: Yeah, it’s cool…

MARK: OK good! ...So you going to this party?

SKI: Yes

MARK: Sounds like fun!

SKI: It should be, yeah…well I’m gonna go help bag

MARK: Alrite later, sorry again!





[ Ski walks over to Amber. ]



AMBER: What was that all about?

SKI: I guess he just wanted to apologize for the confusion earlier

AMBER: OK, maybe he did just have to go

SKI: I don’t know…anyways, I can’t wait until tomorrow nite!

AMBER: Yeah, I know…a chance to get that action we’ve been waiting for

SKI: I don’t think there’s gonna be any of my type of "action" there

[laughs] AMBER: Oh well, were still gonna have fun

SKI: And by fun, do you mean you’re finally gonna

put the moves on Mr. Popular?



[ Mark walks up…]



MARK: Bye everyone, have a good night! [Quickly glances at Ski]



SKI: [looking at Amber] …Don’t say it!




(          Edited 0516          )


No comments:

Post a Comment