December 30, 2009

102 ANNA-MOLLY PILOT


[ Amber at self-checkouts, looking in Hithe's direction. ]


[humming] HITHE: What a nice day!

KRISTYN: Yeah, it was…

HITHE: Hey! What's that suppose to mean?

KRISTYN: Nothing, calm down Mr.

HITHE: Oh, sorry…guess I need to relax a little

Things have been a little crazy this week

KRISTYN: Yeah? Well, I have an idea that just

might help you out… [leans in closer]

HITHE: Oh really, and what's that? [starts to smile]

KRISTYN: Go tanning…that always relaxes me

And you do look a little pale... [walks away]





[approaches Amber] SKI: Boo!

AMBER: Don't do that!

SKI: Sorry, what you looking at anyway?

Oh, I see…

AMBER: What?

SKI: It can't be…

[smiles] AMBER: Can't be what?

SKI: Oh nothing, but I think I just figured

something out

[Mark appears] AMBER: OK?  Anyways, what is he doing?

SKI: Who? [sees Mark] Oh…

No clue, but I'm gonna get some carts….



[ Passes Mark, who comes over & starts talking to other employees. ]





[ Kristyn's in back, Hithe comes up to her. ]



KRISTYN: Are you following me?

HITHE: Of course not…

KRISTYN: Really, why are you back here then?

HITHE: Just bringing up some bags…

KRISTYN: Oh, isn't that the 'baggers' job?

HITHE: Well, we're short today. So, how's it going?

KRISTYN: Fine

HITHE: Really? You don't seem fine

KRISTYN: [talks louder] I am!

HITHE: O-K sorry, I'll see you later then…[walks off]





[ Back up front, Amber sees Mark looking out the window. ]



AMBER: Ski, come here!

[comes inside] SKI: What?

AMBER: I don't know if you noticed

But sometimes Marks stares at you…

SKI: Oh yeah? He's probably just looking for me

So he can give me another one of those employee

appreciation things…

AMBER: Since when do they 'appreciate' here?

SKI: I don't know…you've never gotten one?

It's a $3 scan coupon…

AMBER: No, I've never even seen them

SKI: Really? I get them all the time

…It helps pay for my lunch

AMBER: Well, aren't you special…



[ Ski walks toward Mark, Amber watches while he slowly starts to pass him. ]



MARK: Oh Ski, I've been meaning to give you this…

Just to say thanks for all you do around here

SKI: You're welcome...and thank you

[smiles] MARK: Sure, no problem!





[ Ski looks at Amber & shows coupon. ]





AMBER: Wow, I can't believe that!

[walks up] HITHE: What?

AMBER: Ski and those coupon cards

HITHE: Coupon cards?

AMBER: Yeah they're $3…He's getting them from Mark

HITHE: I didn't even know we had those

AMBER: That's weird

HITHE: Yeah, like I said…something's up around here



[ Hithe walks over to the checkout lanes. ]



HITHE: Question…has anyone received one of those

three dollar scan coupons?

MONICA: From this place?

DINA: You're joking, right?

HITHE: Hmm, OK… [walks off shaking head]



[ Hithe's walking, passes by Amber. ]



AMBER: Where are you going?

HITHE: To continue my investigation…

AMBER: OK? This isn't CSI





[ Follows him to floral…]



HITHE: Hey Kristyn

KRISTYN: You're back…

HITHE: I just wanna ask if you've heard of the coupon

cards that Mark has

KRISTYN: Nope why

HITHE: Well, only one person seems to be getting them…

KRISTYN: Oh

HITHE: Yeah, so anyways….are you OK?



[ She keeps looking down & working. ]



HITHE: I can tell that's something's going on…

And were friends, right?

KRISTYN: Yeah, I guess so…but

HITHE: But what?

KRISTYN: Nothing! Look, I know what you're doing…

HITHE: Listen Kristyn, I…



[walks up] AMBER: Yeah, some of us haven't had a break in a while…



[ Hithe walks off, Kristyn goes back to work. ]





[ Ski approaches & sees Amber walking towards the door. ]



SKI: Where are you going?

AMBER: Away from here…. [goes outside]





[ Amber is smoking outside & Ski walks up to her. ]



SKI: So, what's going on?

AMBER: I don't know…

SKI: Come on, something is…

So, you've known Hithe for a little while?

AMBER: Yeah, just since I came here…

SKI: We've grown into quite the little threesome

AMBER: Uh, that's one way to put it…

SKI: Really, it's cool though…

AMBER: Yeah, we have fun…or we use to

SKI: Well, now it's time to take things to the next level

AMBER: What do you mean?

SKI: We needs dates…It's about time we had

some new action in our lives

AMBER: Oh, I agree…but how?

SKI: I don't know…you know me though.

I'll come up with something…

AMBER: Right…Oh and you're the only one

getting those coupons cards

SKI: What, how do you know?

AMBER: Hithe checked it out… [Puts it out & they walk back inside]





[ Amber & Ski return to self-checkout & see Kristyn and Hithe. ]



HITHE: So, are we gonna talk?

KRISTYN: Talk about what?

HITHE: Kristyn, you said you knew…

KRISTYN: The only thing I know is that I have a husband

& two kids waiting for me…I have to leave

HITHE: Alright. Have a good night!



[ Hithe shakes head, walks off. ]



AMBER: What's he doing?

[staring off..] SKI: Huh?

AMBER: Hithe, why is he always with her?

[shakes head] SKI: I don't know

AMBER: I mean, he acts like he likes her or something…

SKI: Yeah, I know…Oh well, what can you do?



[walks up] HITHE: Hey guys

AMBER: Yeah, so what was that about?

HITHE: With Kristyn? Nothing…

SKI: Right…you're scandalous!

[laughs] HITHE: Me? I haven't done anything…

SKI: Yeah, OK

HITHE: Why don't you go take your lunch?



[ Ski walks off, waving his finger at him. ]



AMBER: So…





[ Ski approaches Monica's lane. ]



MONICA: Chicken, macaroni, & mashed potatoes…

SKI: Yup! Some of our deli's finest…

MONICA: You would come up with this

when I'm starving over here…

SKI: Yeah, me too! [Mmm…]

Here you go… [hands her the coupon card]

MONICA: Oh, OK…now I see whose getting these…

DINA: Let me see…

SKI: I've been getting those for weeks now…

I must be special! [smiles]

DINA: Yeah, or it's something else…

MONICA: Well, you enjoy your lunch!

SKI: Oh, I intend to…bye. [walks off]



DINA: I don't know about that Mark guy

MONICA: Yeah, I know

DINA: He gives me a weird feeling…



[ Ski passes Mark who smiles & waves. ]



HITHE: So…

AMBER: You know that's wrong of you…

HITHE: What?

AMBER: The whole Kristyn thing…

HITHE: Oh, I think something's going on with her

One minute she's fine…the next

AMBER: That's not what I mean!

HITHE: Oh, well maybe it's so wrong…

it's right, ever think of that? [laughs]



[ Amber rolls her eyes & walks away. ]



HITHE: What? I was just kidding…





(             Edited 0516.             )

No comments:

Post a Comment